Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Massage is known to be extremely beenfiical for those who need to add more circulation to a specific area or to help with soreness of some body muscle. Nowasdays they say that if you cant go the gym, the next best thing is to get a massage.
Here are some of the more common types of massages:
· Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
· Deep massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
· Sports massage. This is similar to Swedish massage, but it’s geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
· Trigger point massage. This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscoskeletal system.
Massage therapy has been used as a therapeutic measure for generations, and across cultures around the world. Physical benefits range from improved circulation, lower stress levels, and increased flexibility in tense muscles. Mental benefits include a calm mind, increased awareness, better focus and concentration, and increased alertness. Here are the some of the top benefits of massage:
1. Promotes deeper breathing
2. Improves posture
3. Improves circulation
4. Enhances skin tone and skin health
5. Increases and promotes joint flexibility
6. Enhances a calm mind
7. Reduces anxiety